[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
RANCHO CIELITO LINDO • View topic - snakes, tis the season

snakes, tis the season

Description of your first forum.

snakes, tis the season

Postby Juanita on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:53 am

I was coming back from town when I saw, what I thought was, a short length of chain in the road just south of our house. When I got closer I realized is was a small snake sunning himself in the middle of the road, He had vertical stripes of yellow and a faint pinkish tinge, he also had a round head (good snake). I moved the car over so as not to run over the good snake and still he slept, so I stopped the car and opened the door so I could look down on him and tell him it was a bad idea to sleep in the middle of the road . He suddenly wokw up and slithered off into the field. Later that night I was wondering what kind of snake it was and for some reason the name rosy boa came to me. Sure enough, after I googled the name and saw the photo, I realized thats exactly what he was, a young rosy boa, cool.
Last edited by Juanita on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juanita

Re: snakes, tis the season

Postby A24 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 am

nice job juanita...very cool...maybe import a few to the ranch for mouse duty..stay green..hasta..r.s.
A24

Postby A63 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Sounds like he was almost a flat rosy boa. Then you are a stinky flies gathering rosy boa.
A63

Postby Juanita on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:50 am

We would have to have a whole bunch of them around to do a good job of mouse eradication. It seems they only eat one mouse a week.
Juanita

Postby C54 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

Juanita, The snake poachers in Commie Ca. get
$300-400 for one of those puppies...Great snake
C54

Postby A41 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:34 am

Hi there Juanita, The snake thing sounds like your summers almost there. We, up here in Northern Cal on the other hand have been still dealing with snow, and these past few days we've had some heavy rain storms. We got about 6" of rain out of this last one. It looks like from the weather reports that maybe you've been getting mucho rains the past couple of days too.
It's good to see that the message board is back. I'm also glad that I'm able to read and post to it after all my problems from before. I now use Safari because I still am unable to read it on my explorer program. Keeping in touch, R & D
A41

Return to Your first forum