[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
RANCHO CIELITO LINDO • View topic - Rain?

Rain?

Description of your first forum.

Rain?

Postby A12 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 am

You guys getting a bunch of rain?
Sure been comming down in San Diego....the worst is supposed to come on Thurs.
Hope all is well.....Rae
A12

Re: Rain?

Postby A60 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 am

in 24 hrs. we got 3.3 inches! Yup pretty wet but all is well. Maybe high winds tomarrow with rain. Take care
A60

Postby Dick on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 am

Rain and wind here for 4 days 4 to go,Clearlake is comimg up fast.
Dick

Postby A12 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 am

This is a first for me in Vista....my rain gage is FULL :o and it is still raining this am...Fri....
A12

Postby Juanita on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 pm

This is Dave at Cielito Lindo, Juanita is living it up in Vegas. We had several days of rain and several high wind gusts (over 60mph), plus several long minutes of hail. Several bridges enroute Ensenada are gone, closing highway 1, so we are in limbo for a week or two, but residents are stocked up (but the bar isn't). Gas, food, propane etc is in short supply in town. Phones & internet were out for a few days but are in service again. We should have a few days of sun coming up. Even this brief period of rain makes me glad to be in a desert with few rainy days. Glad we are not in California. Surprising little damage in this area. The tunnel of trees had big time blockage but was cleared in half a day. Juanita's tree by her bead shop flew over to Nina's yard. Johnny Manana had his carport with cement holding blocks fly above his garage and come thru the roof. Nina lost her shop door and front screen. Rae had her carport collapse. Our road is still passable in two wheel drive and we will have happy hour soon so all is well.
Attachments
rae.JPG
Rae & Joe have a collapsed roof.
rae.JPG (51.48 KiB) Viewed 3933 times
johnnyroof.JPG
Johnny Mananas garage roof
johnnyroof.JPG (62.33 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
bromike.JPG
Mike & Marivic's uprooted tree
bromike.JPG (98.12 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
hail.JPG
We had pea sized hail
hail.JPG (52.25 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
Juanita tree [640x480].JPG
Juanita's tree is in Nina's yard
Juanita tree [640x480].JPG (90.89 KiB) Viewed 3930 times
Juanita

Postby A24 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Wow!! This is Dave again logging in as Randy, who needs help from Nancy to remember his password etc.
I also forgot to mention we can see snow in the mountains.
Also the El Rosario bridge is partially washed out
A24

Postby A24 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:34 pm

...svobodas checking in.....thanks to captain dave all is well with password stuff....postcard weather in palm springs...check out the golf chanelfor live photos...we got 4inches of rain in 4 days...a years dossage...spring should be colorful...bob hope must have intervened...hasta..r.s.
A24

Postby A12 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:20 am

HI Dave,
Read about the bridges....I'll deal with the car port when we get down....Not sure how....If Joe and Kay have any ideas could he let me know....I tried to get it fixed I knew it was bad...just wondering is the car OK.....Rae
A12

Postby A41 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 am

Hi to all, Guess we got off easy. We had super winds last Wed., but nothing like what you guys had I see by the pics. No damage around our house here. Got a bunch of rain too, and about 2" of snow on Friday. Guessing that our palapa probably didn't fend too well. It was having a bad hair day, only a couple of days after Jose Luis put a new roof on it. We can only hope for the best for it. Still raining today (Monday) maybe more snow tomorrow...and then ...supposed to be sunny and cloudy the rest of the week. This rain is causing "cabin fever". Temps here are running in the upper 40's- lows in the lower 30's. A bit below that at night last week. Later, D
Dave, thanks for encluding the pics. Also for the info on the hwy damage. It must be a real mess after all the road construction that was going on when we were traveling back in Sept and Nov.
A41

Postby Juanita on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:07 pm

From: David, Juanita is still in Vegas. Tuesday noon - Hwy 1 North & South still not open to normal traffic. 4wd and high vehicles can cross most rivers or be towed across. Some bridges are getting nice bypasses. Most of our San Quintin gas stations have only diesel. We should be getting some light rain tonite and tomorrow but should not affect the roads. Still have booze in the bar for happy hour and everyone is doing fine. Still no propane.
Juanita

Next

Return to Your first forum