[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
RANCHO CIELITO LINDO • View topic - Eat your heart out Marivic

Eat your heart out Marivic

Description of your first forum.

Eat your heart out Marivic

Postby Juanita on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:03 am

We had a novel feast at happy hour yesterday. Sea urchins fresh from the ocean in front of Cielito Lindo. First time for most residents to try this dish. Everyone that tried the urchins loved it. Some understandably didn't try them. Going to the oyster stands today.
CB & Paula hosted a great sturgeon fish fry potluck last Wednesday. As Skippy would say "Yummy"
Attachments
sea urchin [640x480].JPG
one dollar each
sea urchin [640x480].JPG (66.84 KiB) Viewed 1357 times
Juanita

Re: Eat your heart out Marivic

Postby A41 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Juanita, Good to see some news from there. I'm sure many others than me feel the same.
A question that came to mind when I looked at this picture was..... who harvested/caught them? Kinda wondering if it were the people out at Gypsys?... then wondering also if they are still out there.
Say Hi to all for me....
Happy Autumn...I'm really not ready for it quite yet myself. D
A41

Re: Eat your heart out Marivic

Postby Juanita on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 am

The local fishermen brought them in. Gypsy's oyster & clam farming is still doing well. We saw Mark a few months ago. About time to get some more of his oysters & clams for another feed. We are planning to go mussel gathering soon.
Too many good feeds going on here to keep from getting fat.
Juanita

Return to Your first forum